MARINet Board Retreat Agenda
March 9, 2001 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Robson-Harrington House and Garden
237 Crescent Ave.
San Anselmo, CA
- Public Comment Period
- An opportunity for any citizen to address the MARINet Board on any MARINet matter. Please limit statements to 3 minutes.
- Introduction of any guests.
- Additions to the agenda (This agenda is not final. Board members may add to the agenda up to the date of the meeting.)
- Discussion based on the MARINet Network Assessment consultant "to do" list in the following areas:
- Committees - Discussion to be lead by Cathy and Mary
- What committees does MARINet need?
- Establish firm charge, method of establishing annual assignments, and evaluation
- Redesign the Request for Action form and make sure committees communicate with each other when their actions affect other staff.
- Finance Group - Discussion to be lead by Debbie and Vaughn
- Budget calendar must be prepared, explained, and enforced. Integrate with calendar proposed by Committee group
- Budget assessment - does it cover all our needs? Prepare a budget that includes money for new projects and staff.
- Hire a CPA.
- Personnel Group - Discussion to be lead by Sara and Carol
- Look into substitution staff to cover during illness & vacation.
- Develop more technological expertise within our own staffs - staff training shared by all libraries?
- Consultants recommend hiring the technical/trainer position for MARINet as outlined by Deb.
- · Hire office assistant as well.
- Letter from Phil Youngholm about system support
- Innovative Assessment Group - Discussion to be lead by Mary and Debbie
- JPA amendments - Process for bring in Larkspur as a member
- Schedule time to meet with consultants and receive final report from them.
back to Agenda Menu